News
MANUFACTURING | Staff Reporter, Singapore
view(s)

Malaysia restrictions to hit Aztech Global production

Aztech Global said its production output will be reduced by 30% for two weeks.

Aztech Global's production output will be slashed by a third in the coming two weeks.

In a press statement, the tech company said its production output will be slashed by 30% for two weeks due to tighter movement restrictions in Malaysia.

Malaysia implemented a nationwide movement control order from May 12 to June 6 to curb the spread of COVID-19. Additional rules implemented on May 22 included a stricter mandatory 40% work-from-home employee policy for the private sector until June 7.

Malaysia accounts for 20% of Azteh Global's production output. The remaining 80% of its output comes from a plant in China, which continues to operate at normal capacity.

Aztech Global added that its operations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Shen Zhen are not affected by the latest resurgence of the pandemic.

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.