Singapore Business Review, in partnership with Invest Northern Ireland, is bringing you in an exclusive webinar on Investing in Northern Ireland: Market Access to United Kingdom and European Union. Within the 60-minute webinar, find out about the success of Northern Ireland in capturing foreign direct investment and why it will continue as a major FDI destination as it moves past UK's EU exit.
On top of this, join us as we learn what Citibank and Rakuten have in common? And maybe even look closer at what brought each of these diverse companies to Europe’s fastest-growing FDI destination.
Join this exclusive webinar on 22 June 2021 at 16:00 (SGT) to learn:
● Northern Ireland’s value drivers for inward investment and sector strengths;
● The case of Rakuten in investing in Northern Ireland; and
● Northern Ireland’s investment proposition post EU Exit – Dual Access to UK and EU
*Subject to change*
4:00 pm - 4:05 pm (SGT) - Welcome Remarks
Paul Howell, Managing Editor, Singapore Business Review
4:05 pm - 4:15 pm (SGT) The traditional main value drivers for Foreign Direct Investment into Northern Ireland
Resulting in Northern Ireland becoming:
• The #1 international investment location for US cyber security firms.
• The world’s top region for FS technology inward investment.
• Belfast is Europe’s leading FDI destination for new software development.
Nick Caldwell, Head of Territory APAC, Invest Northern Ireland
4:15 pm - 4:30 pm (SGT) Why Rakuten chose to acquire a Northern Irish company and how they have continued to invest and expand in the region?
• How, why, and when their organization invested in Northern Ireland;
• What was Rakuten’s expectations?
• Any hurdles they had to overcome?
• Why Rakuten decided to set up Blockchain lab in Belfast
• And the results since the move
Fergal Downey, Vice President of Engineering, Rakuten Blockchain Lab
4:30 pm - 4:40 pm (SGT) Northern Ireland’s Investment proposition post EU Exit
Dual Access to UK and EU:
• What the Northern Ireland protocol is.
• How the protocol gives Northern Ireland a unique advantage compared to other regions in the UK, and throughout Europe.
• How the protocol is attracting non-traditional FDI opportunities in sectors such as Advanced Manufacturing.
• How Invest NI can assist your company to utilise the advantages provided by the Protocol.
Peter Curran, Trade Manager, Invest Northern Ireland
4:40 pm - 4:55 pm (SGT) Q&A
- Nick Caldwell, Head of Territory, APAC, Invest Northern Ireland
- Fergal Downey, VP Engineering, Rakuten Blockchain Lab
- Peter Curran, International Trade Policy, Invest Northern Ireland
4:55 pm - 5:00 pm (SGT) Closing Remarks
5:00 pm (SGT) End of programme
For more details, contact: